Beylerbeyi Palace is located in the Anatolian side of the Boshporus, in the province having the same name with the palace. The palace, making up a complex with the palace in the yard and the surrounding buildings, was commissioned by Sultan Abd�laziz to architect brothers Sarkis and Agop Balyan in 1864.
The palace comprises of the Beylerbeyi Palace as the main structure, sea mansions one of which is women hall and the other is progression hall located in the sea front walls of the palace, Marble Mansion, Yellow Palace and Hasah�r in the backyard. While the sea mansions and Beylerbeyi Palace were commisioned by Sultan Abd�laziz, the other buildings are known to be a part of the palace once located on this spot.Beylerbeyi Palace, the main unit of the palace complex, is a two-storey stone building built above a high cellar. The length of the palace which is built in parallel to the Boshporus is 65 meters. There are 6 saloons and 24 rooms in the palace which has staircase access from three sides. Especiall