It is in the square in front of the main gate to Topkapi Palace. It was built during 1728-1729 by Ahmet III, and is among the important works of art of the "Tulip Period" of the Ottoman Era. It is based on a 10 x 10 m. plan with spouts on each of its faces and corners. It is famous for its architecture and decorations.